Sunday, August 07, 2005

Saturday a.k.a Sabtu a.k.a Sabado

Oh it's so nice to be on Saturday again. Saturday means chillin' time ;) It also means not doing anything related to study. The sad thing is that i don't have anything exciting to do besides weekly shopping (food shopping :)
So being couch potato is not a bad thing :) I know it sounds lazy but after rough weekdays, I think I deserve some leisure time.
By the way, some time in this week, I read news in the Internet that South Korean researchers successfully cloned a dog. After tadpole, sheep, goat, cow, mice, pig, cat, rabbit, gaur, and now a dog, do you think the researchers will clone human successfully? Next question is whether human cloning is ethical. Some people argue that cloning can be used in efforts of finding cure for rare disease. From the other standpoint, it is unethical because it threatens human individuality, deliberately saddling the clone with the genetic makeup of a person who has already lived (www.nrlc.org/news/2002/NRL03/ex.html). What's your opinion about it?
pic: bioteach.ubc.ca

1 comment:

praynlady said...

Halo, selamat siang, ola, bom dia,
hey how are ya? Works much better, haha. I am sure that cloning some things is great for science, but as a christian, I have to throw my two cents in. I believe that God created the human race and that cloning is somehow an attempt to be a god. Not in the since that they would be almighty, but that the first one to do it would definitely be in the spotlight and would have much acclaim. I just think some things are better left to the natural human ability to procreate. Guess I don't know everything though and people often scoff at the idea that I think the way I do, but,,,,, what can I do, but sit and think about it? haha